Welcome to our studio suites, each has been recently refurbished to a high standard using the skills of local craftsmen, and each has its own unique special character.
Three luxury suites with private access, designated parking spaces, private lounges with separate bedroom and bathroom offering shower or/and bath. All with stunning views across the Tamar valley. The suites offer plenty of personal space and a place to take time, admire the view, relax, escape and unwind.
One suite is located in a separate annex and benefits from a living room on the first floor affording long rural views across the countryside, the other two suites are located within the main property, all present exceptional views, and the property has a variety of outside seating areas to accommodate guests wishing to sit and soak up the atmosphere.
A freshly prepared Full Cornish Breakfast is served in our light and airy dining room where you can enjoy watching the birds at their feeders and admire the views across the fields to the Tamar and the Devon hills beyond. There is a selection of lighter cooked options available too. As an alternative we can deliver a breakfast basket of croissants, orange juice and fresh fruit to your studio, or to the patio.
• You are assured of a warm welcome here
• In Spring wild garlic and primroses flood the woods, the rays of sunshine snake down through the leaves, throughout the seasons there is a changing vista. The river splashes down over the weir and the bench by the river offers a shady spot to watch the kingfishers dart.
• You can see how the Camellias and Rhododendrons bring the terraced garden into spectacular multi-colour.
• Primrose Cottage B&B studios are exclusively for adults – our guests are assured of a peaceful and relaxing stay.
• A selection of complimentary tea, coffee and toiletries are provided.
• Locally sourced produce
“The most delightful B&B we’ve ever stayed in!” (Mike & Carolyn, Dec 2019)
• Comprehensive information regarding places of interest and the locality, eating and shopping recommendations, and other activities
• Wi-Fi throughout
• “What’s on” Launceston weekly guide, weather, the river levels, an OS map with Primrose Cottage in the middle – useful for getting your bearings.
• There are outside seating areas to use and take tea alfresco.
• Borrow wellies from the passageway and explore the woodland paths to the river
• Thermos flasks for tea on the bench by the river
• Electric Car charging point
Primrose Cottage is in an excellent position to explore Devon and North Cornwall, and the delights of the Tamar Valley, not to mention Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor.
This area has a wealth of historic houses and National Trust properties, other great gardens of Cornwall, the Lost Gardens of Helligan and the Eden Project.
The Southwest with its culture of good food has many eateries from beach cafes to country hotels; there are several very good pubs within a short drive.
Fishing is available.
• Situated in the heart of rural Cornwall, but only 10 minutes from the main A30.
• Launceston is an 8-minute car drive and has a good range of shops, banks and supermarkets.
We hope to welcome you here soon. Richard & Ros Edwards.